Civil disturbances include riots, demonstrations, threatening individuals or assemblies that have become significantly disruptive.
In the event of a civil disturbance:
- Call 911.
- If the event is in its initial stage and has not reached a critical point, call the Public Safety Office at 785-864-5900.
- Provide the address, location and as many details as possible to the dispatcher.
- Do not provoke or become involved in the disturbance.
- Secure your work area, log off computers and secure sensitive files, if safe to do so.
- If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows. Remain inside.