Gas leak, fumes, vapors
If you detect natural gas, fumes or vapors:
- Call 911 to report the situation.
- Clear the area immediately if instructed to do so by the emergency dispatcher, providing assistance
to those with special needs.
- Provide your location and location of the odor to the dispatcher.
- Provide as many details as possible to the dispatcher.
If a building or area evacuation is ordered by the emergency responders:
- Leave all ventilation systems operating unless instructed otherwise by emergency responders.
- Leave the area immediately, avoiding the use of elevators unless necessary.
- Identify people with special needs and provide assistance if possible.
Otherwise, provide their location to emergency responders.
- Report to your departmentís designated gathering point to be accounted for.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, retaliation, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University’s programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies and is the University’s Title IX Coordinator: the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.