Rave Guardian personal safety app available to KU students
University of Kansas students can download a free app to help stay safe on campus.
The Rave Guardian mobile phone app includes real-time interactive features that enable you to connect with your network of friends, family, and safety personnel at the Lawrence and Edwards campuses.
Key features of the app include:
- Personal Guardians: create a network of “Guardians” consisting of friends and family
- Call 9-1-1 Button: immediately connect with safety personnel and share your GPS location
- Safety Timer: set a timer that notifies friends if you haven’t arrived at your intended destination
- Tip Texting: have text message conversations with safety personnel
The app is made available at no cost to students through the offices of Public Affairs, Public Safety, and Student Affairs.
For additional details about the app, visit raveguardian.com.
Click here to download the Android app from the Google Play Store.
Click here to download the iOS app from the Apple App Store.
1. Download the app for your cell phone.
2. Enter your KU email and phone number.
3. Enter a user ID, password, and PIN. Accept the terms and click "create account."
4. You will receive a text from Rave Guardian with a confirmation code. Enter this code into your phone and confirm.
5. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your email. Click the link to confirm.
SCREENSHOTS OF THE APP